Bernardine nuns of Tart Abbey, itself a part of Cîteaux Abbey, founded the vineyard in 1141.
In 1791, the Marey-Monge family acquired the vineyard, which was sold in 1932 to the Mommessin family, originally from the Mâconnais region and now the sole owners. The vineyard is a single parcel of land covering 7.53 hectares located at Morey-Saint-Denis in the Côte de Nuits region.
Since its establishment, the vineyard has never been broken up, remaining the largest Grand Cru vineyard in Burgundy today, producing between 25,000 and 30,000 bottles a year.
Advisers to seller –The Mommessin family
Edmond de Rothschild Corporate Finance: Philippe Duval (Chairman), Philippe Flament (Associate Director), Alexandre Aron-Brunetière (Associate)