5àsec was established in Marseille in 1968 and has since become the world leader in dry cleaning and textile maintenance, with a presence in some 31 countries. In 2016, the 5àsec group posted 85 million euros in turnover across its 1,730-store network (incl. branches and franchises).
Since 2015, the management team headed by Chairman Nicolas Boucault has adopted a growth strategy that aims to modernise the 5àsec network by making it more eco-friendly and enhancing the customer experience with a broader range of services. The group has launched a new growth dynamic and laid the initial groundwork for a relevant, multi-faceted strategy (store fronts, B2B, concierge services and delivery).
In the words of the 5àsec group chairman, Nicolas Boucault, "We are more than pleased to welcome BDC to 5àsec's family of shareholders. The group will be able to rely on a solid financial partner to accelerate its growth. Modernising our network and expanding services and related offerings will be our priority. Another core element of our strategy will involve continuing our digital transformation to support our ambitions."
Parties to the transaction
- Capzanine: Maxence Radix
- Rive Private Investment: Eric Philippon, Daniel Emersleben
- Parquest Capital: Pierre Decré
- IFE Mezzanine: Jean-Pascal Ley
- Quilvest Private Equity: Thomas Vatier
Advisers to the selling shareholders:
- Edmond de Rothschild Corporate Finance (financial advisory): Grégory Fradelizi, Marguerite Mell, Mohamed Rtel Bennani
- Gide (legal advisory): Anne Tolila, Paul Jourdan-Nayrac
- Mayer Brown (legal advisory): Xavier Jaspar
- KPMG (financial due diligence): Rémy Boulesteix, Mohamed Macaigne
- Arsène Taxand (tax due diligence): David Chaumontet
- Scotto (financial, legal and tax advisory): Nicolas Menard-Durand, Camille Perrin