Your right to privacy is of particular importance to us and we endeavour to provide you with as precise information as possible for you to exercise your rights.
What is a cookie?
Cookies are files containing information that are downloaded to any internet-using device – such as your computer, tablet, mobile phone – when you visit a website. Cookies are stored on your device to keep track of your visits to the website and your preferences as you move between pages.
Sometimes cookies are used to save settings between visits. Cookies allow gathering statistics about how users view website content in order to enhance its functionality and its user-friendliness.
In general, cookies can be divided into following categories, depending on their expiration date:
- Session cookies – session cookies are related to session identification. They expire at the end of a browser session and are stored in a temporary memory.
- Persistent cookies – they are used to help websites remember your information and settings when you visit them in the future, for example, your choice of language of the website. Persistent cookies stay in your browser until you delete them manually or your browser deletes them based on the cookie's expiration period.
Moreover, cookies can be divided into the following categories, depending on who sets them:
- First party cookies – set by the website you are visiting.
- Third party cookies - set by a third party site separate from the site you are visiting such tracking or marketing companies (e.g. advertising networks).
We also use web beacons, also known as "pixel tags", that may be included on our sites. Web beacons typically work in conjunction with cookies to identify our users and user behaviour. We may use the terms "cookies" in our policy to refer to all technologies that we may use to store data in your browser or device or that collect information or help us identify you in the manner described here.
Our uses of cookie technologies fall into the following general categories:
- a) Technical cookies - we may use these cookies in order for our website to work properly and to allow you to browse through it and make use of its functions. They essential to improve your browser experience (e.g. to avoid having to identify yourself each time you login). You must accept those cookies in order to be able to make use of the Edmond de Rothschild website.
- b) Performance-related cookies – we may use performance-related cookies in order to measure our site traffic (e.g. number of visits, most popular pages, most-viewed content) and allow us to improve its functionalities and the experience of its users. Through those cookies, we gather anonymous statistics concerning website visits and visitors as well as its pages so that we can determine which parts of the website are working well and which need to be improved. Our website uses in particular the cookie Google Analytics which collects information and reports website usage statistics.
Deleting and modifying cookies
You may decline the cookies set by the website at any time by deleting them. This can be done via the settings of your Internet browser. However, should your computer refuse all cookies, some pages of this website may not function properly, or some services may not be accessible.
For more information about cookie configurations on the browsers, please click on the relevant link below:
For a better knowledge and control of cookies of any origin and not only those of our site present on your terminal of connection, we invite you to consult the site Youronlinechoices, available here.
All personal data collected via cookies is controlled by Edmond de Rothschild France with its registered address at: 47, rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré, Paris, France.
If you have any further questions regarding the cookies, their collection or use, please contact us by e-mail at DPO@edr.com or by submitting a request through a form available on our website.